March 24, 2017, 08:48:55 PM

Author Topic: Guilty pleasures  (Read 5893 times)

Offline Lennart

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • DC4 Berlin Japanese Denim Store
Guilty pleasures
« on: December 05, 2013, 11:27:09 AM »
Of course we're all knee-deep into Japanese and/or American denim, and only like to wear the most hardcore brands possible. But every now and then, you might feel the urge to wear something different, that our little community probably won't endorse. Do you have any 'guilty pleasures'?

For me, it's pre-washed PRPS jeans. Can't help it. The washes can be over the top but the jeans fit so well. To ease this pain, I own a pair of 6 year old raw selvage Ramblers (or New Fit as they were called) that I've worn to shreds.

Offline Kevdingduong

• View Profile
Re: Guilty pleasures
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 06:57:18 PM »
3 year old apc selvedges here as well! But nothing wrong with some 1969 gaps once in a while. How's the fade for yours?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Offline b_F

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 09:37:35 AM »
I got a pair of Nudie Chinos that I wear every now and then when I am not in the mood for denim or want to mix it with denim ajcket/shirt.

And when I know I have really, really dirty work to do I sometimes wear an old pair of Levi's 512

Offline Lennart

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • DC4 Berlin Japanese Denim Store
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 01:29:50 PM »
chino's with a denim jacket are an all time classic. wearing a pair of slim army cargo pants with a lee 101J at the moment :)

and well, apc's aren't exactly a guilty pleasure... they're more of a starter pair of jeans before moving on to the proper stuff!

Offline b_F

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 10:39:05 AM »
Adding to guilty pleasures: I had a pair of Cheap Mondays and also 2 pairs of April77. That was back in 2007-2009.
None of them are in my wardrobe anymore though :D